The IXRFD632 is a CMOS high speed, high-current gate driver specifically designed to drive MOSFETs in Class D and E HF RF applications as well as other applications requiring ultrafast rise and fall times or short minimum pulse widths. The IXRFD632 is an improved version of the IXRFD630, with a Kelvin ground connection on the input side to allow use of a common mode choke to avoid problems with ground bounce. It can source and sink 30 A of peak current while producing voltage rise and fall times of less than 4 ns and minimum pulse widths of 8 ns.
The input of the driver is compatible with +5 V or CMOS and is fully immune to latch-up over the entire operating range. Designed with small internal delays, cross conduction or current shoot-through is virtually eliminated. The features and wide safety margin in operating voltage and power make the IXRFD632 unmatched in performance and value. The surface mount IXRFD632 is packaged in a low inductance RF package incorporating advanced layout techniques to minimize stray lead inductances for optimum switching performance.
The DVRFD630-631 MOSFET Driver Development Board is available to evaluate the functionality of the IXRFD632 gate driver and to provide a building block for power circuit development. The IXRFD631 is factory installed on the evaluation board and is fully tested.
- High Peak Output Current
- Low Output Impedance
- Low Quiescent Supply Current
- Low Propagation Delay
- High Capacitive Load Drive Capability
- Wide Operating Voltage Range
- Kelvin Ground
- A Kelvin ground connection on the input side allows use of a common mode choke to avoid problems with ground bounce
- High Power Surface mount design which allows the device to be loaded on to the PCB with all the other components in a high or low power configuration, simplifying mechanical assembly of the system.
- Lowered Mechanical Stress ensures the device floats on the thermal compound such that the mounting hardware will not induce further package stress.
- Low Inductance Packaging using the DE-SERIES package and has the lowest insertion inductance of any equivalent power device.
- Economical High Power Mounting since the mounting configuration does not require machining of the PCB or an expensive clamping mechanism.
- RF MOSFET Driver
- Class D and E RF Generators
- Multi-MHz Switch Mode Supplies
- Pulse Transformer Driver
- Pulse Laser Diode Driver
- Pulse Generator